Vacation Experiences

Passport and Visas


For USA citizens only:

* Beginning January 23, 2007, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda will be required to present a valid passport, Air NEXUS card, or U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document, or an Alien Registration Card, Form I-551, if applicable.

* As early as January 1, 2008, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land or sea (including ferries), may be required to present a valid passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security. While recent legislative changes permit a later deadline, the Departments of State and Homeland Security are working to meet all requirements as soon as possible. Ample advance notice will be provided to enable the public to obtain passports or passport cards for land/sea entries

Other Countries:

  • Visa
  • Notify the Mexican Embassy in your country of your visit through your travel agency.
  • Minors traveling alone require notarized written permission from their parents.
  • Airport Departure Tax is approximately $17.00 USD. Children under 2 years of age are exempt.




If you are a citizen of Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Island, Israel, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, United States of America, Uruguay or Venezuela, you don't need a visa to enter Mexico, although you must present a valid passport and fill out an immigration form for tourists and business trips, which can be obtained in travel agencies, airlines or at the point where you enter Mexico.

The immigration officer at your point of entry into Mexico can also request that you demonstrate that you have sufficient funds and a return ticket to your country.

If you are a citizen of any other country, you need to go to a Mexican consulate to request a visa. If you have a family member, friend or acquaintance in Mexico, he or she can do this at the INM.

For more information, click here.



Most countries have a (honorary) consulate stationned in Cancún. Should you need assistance and your Consulate is not listed below, please contact your foreign affairs office.


Great Britain:
The Netherlands:
998 8810100
998 8841261
998 8489900
998 8497144
998 8848446
998 8860134
998 8920888
United States:
998 8830272
998 8833360
998 8922512
998 8878417
998 8841557
998 8841898


The official Currency is the Mexican Peso, but American Dollars are accepted in most places. The exchange rate is around $10 pesos per dollar.

Below is the approximated Exchange Rate for today.


Currency Converter

E-Brochure & Map

E-Brochure English Version
brochure img map

Download the official guide pdf

E-Brochure versión Español

Descarga la guía oficial pdf

Laden Sie das officielle PDF herunter pdf

Télécharger le guide officiel pdf

Scaricare l'archivio PDF ufficiale pdf


Riviera Maya Jazz Festival Video Conference

Watch live streaming video from larivieramaya at livestream.com

Page 3 of 4

<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 Next > End >>
Please update your Flash Player to view content.

Follow Us

facebook twitter youtube vimeo
flickr pinterest  google instagram 

Riviera Maya jazz Festival 2014 on Facebook

Visit Riviera Maya Meetings website
Riviera Maya Videos

Media Contact

how to make gif

Riviera Maya Travel Agent Program

Visit Mexico Official Website

ICCA Member